To optimize user experience, Knak integrates with the Eloqua REST API to allow users to sync their emails and landing pages quickly and easily to Eloqua.
To setup your integration simply go to the Admin section (top left button)
and then Integrations > Platforms + Add New Integration and select Eloqua and then click Authorize.
You will authenticate using Eloqua credentials and integration will be completed.
Minimum Sync Requirements
As a security best practice, we recommend setting up a new security group and a Knak sync user so that the Knak integration ONLY has access to view and edit emails and landing pages (optional) in your instance.
Here's how to do that.
In the top right corner of the screen, you should see a cog that says 'Settings'. If you don't see 'Settings', you need more permissions in Eloqua - please talk to your system administrator.
2. Then click on 'Users'.
3. On the user dropdown, select 'New Security Group'.
4. Name your new Security Group and create an Acronym.
5. Select 'Asset Creation'.
6. Select 'Emails' and 'Landing Pages'. Landing Pages are only required if you plan to sync landing page templates. If you are using Emails only, just select 'Emails'.
7. Select 'Security Group Overview' to go back.
8. Select 'Default Asset Permissions'.
9. In this section, you are defining what users can do with the emails and landing pages that are synced over from the Knak sync user. For anyone who needs to be able to view, edit, delete or adjust the security permissions on the emails and landing pages for the Knak sync user, you want to add those Security Groups and adjust the permissions accordingly. Ensure that 'Asset Creator' is View and Edit. Everything else should be adjusted depending on your use case.
10. Do the same thing for Landing Pages (if you plan on using the Template product and plan to bring Landing Pages into Eloqua from Knak).
11. Now you need to create the Knak Sync user. Select 'Add New User'.
12. Leave the default settings, but ensure that your new user is part of your newly created Knak Security Group.
13. Ensure that you use an email address for the user where you can receive emails and that 'Send User a New Welcome email' is selected.
14. Set a password and use the credentials from the newly created user when you Authorize the integration from Knak.
If you want to bring in forms to an Eloqua landing page you will need to add the Knak API users to the form permissions.
You can see who has access to see an individual form in Eloqua by opening the form and going to Actions -> Permissions. From there, the API user linked to Knak should have at least view access, or belong to a group that has such access. A quick way to test is to add just the specific API user to the permissions list from that screen.
In the longer term, you might want to change the defaults on form creation to include a group including the Knak API user, or adding the Knak api user to a group which can access existing forms.
Syncing to Eloqua
After the integration has been setup, you can sync over to Eloqua.
To do this:
Click on Publish
Choose the Email Group and Sync Folder
Click the Sync button and your asset will now be synced over.
Need more help? Contact support via live chat within Knak using the chat bubble in the bottom right corner or email firstname.lastname@example.org