To begin open Knak and create an email in the same way as your normally would. When you're done hit save and then select > Download HTML
Next, open a new tab in your browser and open up the .html file you have just downloaded. Right click your mouse and select 'view page source' to view the email code.
Select and copy all the code.
Now open your Pardot instance and navigate to either 'New List Email' or 'New Email Template'
Selecting 'New List Email' will allow you to import your Knak email code into a single email.
Selecting 'New Email Template' will allow you to save the Knak email as a template which can be used multiple emails.
How to import as a New List email
Select New List Email and fill out the basic email information
The following screen will prompt you to select a template, hit skip in the bottom right corner of the screen.
This will bring you to Pardot email editor, which will be populated with some default email content.
Switch to </> HTML view, delete the existing code and paste in the Knak code you just copied from your browser.
If you switch back to Editor view, you will see your beautiful Knak email.
How to import as a New Email Template
- Navigate to emails > New Email Template
- Fill in the Basic Template information
- On the Layouts page hit skip
- Switch to the </> HTML view, delete the existing code and paste in your Knak code
- Once the code is in place you can set up the template in the normal manner by adding sending details and ensuring the plain text copy of the email is correct
- Hit Publish to template when you're all done
Pardot unsubscribe settings
Pardot wont allow you to save an email or template without a functional unsubscribe link. Make sure you have %%unsubscribe%% included in a clearly visible link somewhere in your email.