Getting started is easy.
Log in to your Knak account here.
Click on either Blank Canvas or Themes
- Blank Canvas allows you to build an email by dragging in prebuilt modules such as headers and footers. Or by building freeform designs using rows and content blocks.
- Themes are complete email templates, Knak has a library of standard themes to get you started, and if you have an Enterprise account you can build your own custom themes. More details here.
Select your brand.
You can define your brand attributes via company settings > branding.
You're now in the builder and ready to get started.
Time to make magic happen!
Main Parts of the Builder
All email building and admin controls are in the navigation bar at the top of the screen.
You have the following options:
Email name and last save time
You can name your email and see last save time in the top left corner of the screen.
Three dot menu
- View a desktop and mobile preview of your email
- Send a test to an external email address
- Access 'Link Review' where you can check all your links are set up properly and have URL parameters added.
- Create a theme (email template) from your email - Enterprise feature
- Create modules from your email.
- Clone a copy of your email - great for versioning!
- Delete email.
Set your email details - from name, email, subject & preview text.
Set tags to easily sort your email.
On the right of the create screen you will see four drop down sections
- Email settings
Email settings - Here you can define global settings that will affect the entire email such as email width and background colour.
Content - Content blocks which you can drag into the rows in your email. (text, image etc).
Structure - Row types with one to four columns which you can drag into your email and populate with content blocks.
Modules - You can find all your modules in the main editing screen. When you drag a module into your email it will remain grouped together as a single piece of content. You can easily move the whole module up or down in the email using the cross hair icon to the left of the module.
If you need to break the module apart to move individual pieces of content, just click 'Break apart module' on the right of the module section.
Under the collaborate tab you will be able to leave comments and discuss designs with your team.
Approvals - Enterprise only
Here you can see full details of who has/has not approved the email so far, including comments left by the approvers.
Pro Tip: When setting up approval groups you can now set multiple approvers per stage to save time. More details here.
The publish menu is where you will find sync, HTML export and 'send for approval' options.
Need more help? Contact support via live chat within Knak using the chat bubble in the bottom right corner or email email@example.com