Knak has a direct integration with Responsys so you can sync emails with a click of a button.
1. Creating a Knak user
In Responsys, you'll need to create a user to setup the integration. You'll need to use the username and password for the user. The password is kept in an encrypted database separately from the rest of the data to keep it secure.
Note: You should be able to limit the permissions for this user to limit the accessible information within Responsys. When creating the API user, it will need the following roles (Under the Role Assignment Tab):
Campaign Web Services Manager
Content Web Services Manager
Folder Web Services Manager
2. Getting the user access to the advanced API
To make changes to a campaign through the integration requires Advanced API access. This will need to be requested through Oracle. You will need to answer 4 questions if your experience is like ours.
1. What specific business use-cases and what specific API functions must be considered for this request?
Our use case is that we'd like to be able to remotely create a campaign in Responsys from the Knak interface. Knak allows users to create emails and we would like to use the API to send it over as a campaign.
2. What are the names of the advanced API functions the account will utilize (for example, login, logout, etc...)?
At this point, the functions we feel we may need are: Create Email Campaign, Update Email Campaign Properties, and Copy Email Campaign.
3. What is your current peak call volume you plan for these calls? (Feel free to adjust the number based on your expected usage)
(Enter # of emails you expect to sync per day as you start using Knak)
4. What is your projected peak call volume?
(Enter # of emails you'd expect to sync per day as your team is ramped up with Knak)
3. Create the integration in Knak
On the left hand side menu, go to Integrations > Platform
Click on +Add New Integration in the top right hand side.
Select the Responsys platform.
Enter an integration name, the API username, password and the Responsys Environment URL. The URL can be found in the address bar while logged into Responsys and will be the text that comes before .responsys.net.
5. Click on Create Integration.
4. Sync email from Knak
After you have built the email in Knak and ready to sync the email to Responsys, there are a couple of things to do in Responsys.
You will need to choose which folder the email will be synced to in Responsys.
2. You will need to create a campaign in Responsys. (Campaigns > Manage Campaigns > Create Campaign). The name and purpose of the campaign will need to be chosen.
3. Go to the campaign and select a Profile list. You will need to have a profile list or there will be an error when attempting to sync from Knak.
4. In Knak, go to the email and click on Publish > Sync and select the Responsys integration.
Note: To sync an email, the From Email Address must be included in the list of email addresses specified in the Responsys account settings.
5. Go to the folder the campaign is in and click on the campaign you recently created. Click on the Sync button
There is an option to either auto generate a new table or not alter the link table for this campaign. This must be chosen before you can sync to Responsys.
Your email will be synced to Responsys. To view the email, go to the respective campaign and click 'Create Message'. Click Save and the preview will show up in the campaign page.
Please note: Conditionals (#if) and Includes (#include) cannot be used when syncing emails. Conditionals and Includes must be added in Responsys.
After you re-sync an email, you will need hover over the email preview in Responsys and select Edit message and click Save. You will now see the updated version of the email in the preview.
Need more help? Contact support via live chat within Knak using the chat bubble in the bottom right corner or email firstname.lastname@example.org